Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

2.5 more weeks left =(

We're in the last week of Malaysia now. Just spent the past several days in BM and Penang. Was awesome seeing my cousins again.. been a long time, but even so, it felt completely natural to be with them again and that I had never left. I miss that closeness! I wish I had more cousins back home. I definitely miss the big family dynamic.

We did more touristy things in Penang like visit the Kek Lok Si Temple, a couple of the Buddhist temples, and the botanical gardens. It rained a lot of the time we were in Penang but we still managed to see a few things.

My friends' parents have been asking them if they're tired of travelling, mine haven't asked though haha. Good sign right! Means that they're not worried? Haha, anyway!

As for me, I'm not tired of travelling.. but I am tired a bit. We do get the occasional off day where we don't do much, but it's nothing like just sitting at home. That being said, I don't regret any one moment of being on this trip. It's been a learning experience - for both on the tricks of travelling around the world, and also of how to travel with other people.

Am I ready to return home? I'm not sure.. I do miss my family.. and my stomach and health miss home haha (I've managed to get sick twice within 2 months) but I'm definitely not ready to start "real" life yet.. not that I really have to worry about that right away anyway, but I'll have to think about it eventually haha.. meh. Later, later!

Anywho, here are some pics! Peace out.
Some canon at Fort Cornwallis in Penang

Freedom memorial thing in KL

Bird Park in KL
St. Anne's Church in BM
Kek Lok Si temple in Penang
"Sleeping Buddha" in Penang

Some beach in Penang
Black sesame soft ball thingy in sweet ginger syrup
Steamboat a.k.a hotpot for Father's Day
--

2 comments:

  1. The food looks great! I thought the pics would be dark and depressing since you mentioned it rained a lot but the weather doesn't look that bad and you guys all seem to be having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the same homesick feeling sometimes, but when i start to realize that im living alone back home, it makes me wanna go pack up, fly and fly some more. :)) I actually think i can do rtw straight without touching down home in the process. lol.

    Enjoy! Save the worrying about the "real" life for laters or better yet make this your real life? Why not? :D -K

    ReplyDelete