Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

And with that, it's over.

So.. it's over. 2.5 months, gone like the wind.

It was an awesome trip! Needless to say, it didn't come without some bumps, but for the most part, it was great. We met great people, ate great food, saw great things.. it was just great haha.

Even though I've only been home for a few days, it feels like the trip kind of didn't happen.. like it all happened so quickly.. it feels a bit surreal to be back home again. The skies are blue, the grass is green, it's hot and humid.. really nice weather.. no crowds.. no people anywhere actually lol.. I have to pay tip again.. boooo lol. The good stuff is that I get to see my family again, my glorious bed and bathroom, my cute little bunny, my car, weather is good.. everything is back as it was before I left.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and felt like I was in another country and that I didn't speak the same language as them haha. Although.. there are a lot of immigrants here speaking their own mother-tongue, so I guess it's not completely weird for me to be a bit confused at this point hehe

Food is salty and sweet as anything.. so bad =p so easy to gain weight here because you have to drive everywhere and food is saturated with sugar and salt.. and there's not much to do, and the weather is really hot right now, so I'm inclined to stay indoors sitting on my caboose. Since I'm not yet used to Canadian food and cooking anymore, I've been eating a lot of plain bread, or with natural peanut butter, and fruits, which I suppose is healthier for me anyway! Fruits ftw!

I'm going to Halifax is less than 2 weeks, so I'll do a post on that, but for now, I will wrap things up for my 2011 Asia-Pacific trip. So some other general comments about the trip...
  • Bring small shampoos and whatnot cuz if you run out, you can just buy more.. but if you bring a big one, you'll just end up lugging it around for the trip and will have weight troubles for your luggage on budget airlines
  • Pack light.. everyone tells you this, but really.. you'll probably end up buying so much stuff, you might as well leave most of your old clothes at home
  • Really be careful about your luggage weight for budget airlines..
  • Middle Eastern airlines ftw! Boo Air Canada =p
  • Definitely bring and wear sunscreen, especially in Australia and New Zealand, where the ozone layer is pretty much gone
  • Asians don't generally wear hats or sunglasses, they carry around umbrellas to shield from the sun.. so you'll definitely look like a tourist if you're sporting those stylish shades
  • Bargain down 50% at markets (I'm horrible at bargaining, so I have no other real tips other than that)
  • Don't forget your camera battery charging at your aunt's house and then leave town and not have your camera for 2 weeks in Malaysia =(
  • A pocket dictionary is helpful if you don't know the language at all, but an electronic dictionary is more helpful if you do know a bit of the language
There's more I'm sure.. lots of tiny tidbits of info here and there but I can't bring myself to remember or write them all down.. so if you have any other questions, feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you!

Time to sort through my 4000+ photos and videos! ^_^

Ok thx bye.

--

1 comment: